This short course is for anyone who needs to prepare for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam in order to attend a postgraduate course in South Africa or abroad, anyone who needs to prove proficiency in English for studies or immigration to a country such as the UK, Australia, USA or Canada, or international students who need the minimum IELTS score to apply for university entrance in South Africa.
The IETLS short course is intended to accomplish its goal online in 25 learning hours by developing your ability to –
- recognise the format and content of the IELTS exam, by discussing, practising and analysing each section of the exam;
- improve your test-taking skills and strategies, by completing IELTS-style practise tests in reading, listening, speaking and writing;
- perform optimally within an academic context, so as to gain entry into your chosen academic programmes; and
- recognise the scoring procedures for the exam, so that you may interpret your own test scores.
2023 course dates
- 2 October to 13 November
- 20 November to 15 December
2024 course dates
- 15 January to 16 February